Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

im a 17year old wanting apprenticehip (vehicle body - trimming)

D

damo15

hi everyone well last couple of weeks i been tryin 2 get an apprenticeship in the trimming and audio install area. i hav tryed going through GTA ( Group Training Australia) but no luck i tryed goin around 2 places personally and only 1 has been in the position to maybe take me on. coz everywhere else ive tried on the coast has only just opened or are only very small.

im wondering if one on here is in this trade and want an apprentice. i live on the gold coast and im willing to go as far as brisbane 4 work and as far asn tweed maybe a lil further.

anywayz im really keen to get into this trade and it would be gratly appretiated if there is sumone out there is after an apprentice. and the only experiance that ive had is installing streios, designing then making and upholstering the custom boxes 4 the subs in the boot (nothing 2 special or advanced but i think its a start) if u want 2 get in contact with me email me at [email protected] even if u know anyone in this trade plz help me out by getting in contact

cheers damo

Last edited by a moderator:
D

damo15

come on some one has 2 kno some one from tweed 2 brisbane that is after an aprentice. plz help i need a job bad

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Cold canvassing is the best way to get a job. Go to your job network and print out lots of copies of your resume with a standard cover letter, then either drop them off by hand to workshops, or post them. Personally calling in and asking to see the manager, stating what your after, leaving a copy of the resume, then phoning a week later shows your really keen.

The other way is to sit in your job network office, use the yellow pages and ring each one asking if they have a vacancy then offering to post your resume for them to keep on file should something come up.

C.