Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

im very confused about springs

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
ive been lookin at lowering my car (vs caprice with 18" rims) with either fe2's, king spring sl's or ssl's

but whats confusing me the most is ive heard mixed responses about the heights the springs lower the car, ive looked on the sites to see what they said and they just made me more confused

i had a look at king spring sl's and the site said theyd lower the car up to 2cm, but ive heard people say they can lower up to 5cm and the ssl would lower it too far, ive also heard that fe2's wont actualy lower the car much from stock, and that they sit the same height as the sl's or can lower the car by 4cm

so which is true? from peoples experience which would be the better choice? fe2 or sl's? and how much approximately would each lower the car?

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
It all depends on whats in the car now, sagged spring will lower a car over time then when putting new lowered springs in it can somtimes raise the car or keep it even but stiffen up the ride which was the case with my V6. Other parts of the suspension that atribute to height aswell like the strut mounts can affect height.

The same springs will give a different resault on different cars they are installed on based on all these facts.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
go ssl in the back and sl in front.. wont be too low... ive got sssl in my vs calais ridin on the 16" stockies and i never scrape on anything..
ull hardly notice any difference with just fe2...