Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser switch HELP...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This is the circuit for the switch

Attachments

• theft det switch.JPG
    theft det switch.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 7,291
M

mrhaboobi

One last question question on the switch.. what does it actually do, as i think mine is stuffed totally, i assume that when the switch is off i should be able to start the car all the time not a problem, it wont ever disable the engine.. currently, with my switch set to off i still cant seem to start the car.. i have to turn it back on, wiggle it and wait for the red flashing light to start.. after that i can use the remote and start the car.. but with the switch turned to off i get nothing.. could be the switch is stuffed and will find out the weekend, went to a local rare spares, found out switch is $90 for a replacement, bit rich for me so will wire something in myself :).

Thanks for the help..

Knud

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Calais V8
That is correct, with the switch turned off. the car should start, and the alarm, remote locking, immobiliser etc will not be working.

You can get away with just twisting the wires together and bypassing the switch, but I put a switch of my own in so if need be I can turn the alarm off (if I lose my keys.)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
mrhaboobi said:
One last question question on the switch.. what does it actually do, as i think mine is stuffed totally, i assume that when the switch is off i should be able to start the car all the time not a problem, it wont ever disable the engine.. currently, with my switch set to off i still cant seem to start the car.. i have to turn it back on, wiggle it and wait for the red flashing light to start.. after that i can use the remote and start the car.. but with the switch turned to off i get nothing.. could be the switch is stuffed and will find out the weekend, went to a local rare spares, found out switch is $90 for a replacement, bit rich for me so will wire something in myself :).

Thanks for the help..
In my circuit you need 12 v at the ecm to start the car which is what the pink/black wires contact set 1 and 2 ( this circuit is made through the theft module when you press the remote on the key)so if you short it out the car will start .The other set 3 and 4 is just to power the immoboilser module and so it takes the power off the module when switch is set to bypass.

M

mrhaboobi

Hey Guys.

Well i went ahead and tried this fix, cant really get to the switch area even when drilling out the rivets.. any thoughts do i just have ti use brute force and pull it hard? Also noticed another major problem, when drilling out the rivet on the left ofthe glove box, there are wires above that rivet, wouldnt you know that the drill when through some of the wires. not sure what the wires are cos i cant figure oout how to get to them, please dont tell me i have to remove the entire dash? if thats the case anyone got any instructions. i bloody hate my vn right now, i could happily take to it with a baseball bat right now!.. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
I've often come across this problem when installing stereos and disconnecting the battery etc...

Pop the hood, remove the blue fuel pump fuse for 60 seconds, replace it, start your car.

It caused me terrible stress until I worked that out. Commodore immobilizers disable the fuel pump as a security measure if anything has been tampered with.

M

mrhaboobi

HI,

That doesnt seem to have fixed the problem, ive wired the switch up, actually ive twisted the two orange wires together, when i do this the red light near the radio comes on as expected, i press my remote and the light goes off. I then use the remote again to lock the doors and re open them.. that all works ok now. When i try and start my car it turns over, but thats it, no spark no nothing, it does sound like the fuel pump is working, as i hear a noise coming from the back, the engine also seems to make a hissing noise?. The reason ive had to fix this is because yesterday as i was driving my car just cut out, dead. I thought my switch may have finally given out ( as ive had some issues with this switch and was delaying fixing), so i got the car home ( wouldnt start again and no matter what i did with the switch it wouldnt turn the immbolisers off or on, the red light wouldnt flash, i later found that the back of the switch had finally popped off ). So now ive hardwired the wired and it wont start, ive had the battery disconnected for a bit thinking it might reset the system, but when re connecting i find that the radio hasnt reset its time?? whats the deal with that? this is driving me crazy and the last thing i want to do is take it to holdens cos that will cost me a minor fortune im sure.

Im not sure what to try next, any thoughts? i assume that if i just bridge the pink wire with the pink/black wire, and leave the orange and orange/black wire open it should start?

CommyOmega

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden Commodore VE Omega
Hi is this the same with the ve commodore omega? Kos im having issues starting car bkos immobiliser is activated