Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

immobilizer issue?

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
I have been having troubles starting my car recently but I have found the cause, sometimes when I turn the key to the accessories the red lock will still be flashing and I can't start my car.. After taking the key out a few times and flipping it I can get the light to go out after going to the on position then start my car normally, does anybody know what is causing this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
I have been having troubles starting my car recently but I have found the cause, sometimes when I turn the key to the accessories the red lock will still be flashing and I can't start my car.. After taking the key out a few times and flipping it I can get the light to go out after going to the on position then start my car normally, does anybody know what is causing this?

Thanks
interesting mine is not starting sometimes either might be the same thing

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I had this issue myself when my car would fire then die when I turned the key then start the second time. In my case it was caused by the metal ball on my key not making proper contact. I fixed the problem by replacing the key in question. However others on the site have found other less drastic fixes.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Try giving the little metal ball a clean and also give the metal strip around your ignition lock a clean. they make a circuit that the car can read and let your ignition and other acc's work.

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
How would one clean the call and ring