Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobilizer issues??

hogesg

Reaction score
Hi, it began with central locking not working. Engine wouldn't crank had to replace ignition barrel - broken shaft. Still no c.l. engine cranks, has spark - no go. Replaced crank angle sensor, still have spark no c.l. no indication on dash for security(immobilizer) also swapped cam angle sensor. As per advice let sit for 45 mins with ignition on. Still no go.
Anybody had similar problem. Cheers.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Have you checked error codes with the paperclip trick ?

If you have spark, fault will not be cank or cam sensor.

Have you tried cranking and introduce a fuel into intake ?
I use what ever can is handy like brake cleaner, WD40 or "start ya bastard".
See if engine coughs and tries to start and go from there.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Hi, it began with central locking not working. Engine wouldn't crank had to replace ignition barrel - broken shaft. Still no c.l. engine cranks, has spark - no go. Replaced crank angle sensor, still have spark no c.l. no indication on dash for security(immobilizer) also swapped cam angle sensor. As per advice let sit for 45 mins with ignition on. Still no go.
Anybody had similar problem. Cheers.
Do you have a red LED under the radio? Does it keep blinking when the key is in, or go out?

hogesg

Reaction score
Do you have a red LED under the radio? Does it keep blinking when the key is in, or go out?
Hi Jeepster, there is a red light in the "security coded" radio which blinks when the key is off. The immobilizer light is in a dummy button to the right it doesn't come on at all now. Does that help you. Thanks.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Spray something like "Start You Bastard" into the throttle body while cranking the engine to determine whether or not you have a problem with fuel input (broken fuel pump).

chasnmdnite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I parked the ute up and bought another one.

Try disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the immobiliser light comes on, if not try a few more times. If that doesnt work leave it overnight.

hogesg

Reaction score
Have you checked error codes with the paperclip trick ?

If you have spark, fault will not be cank or cam sensor.

Have you tried cranking and introduce a fuel into intake ?
I use what ever can is handy like brake cleaner, WD40 or "start ya bastard".
See if engine coughs and tries to start and go from there.
Already tried the paper clip trick to no avail, you read my mind, about to try it again as well as something into the throttle body. Fingers crossed - cheers.

hogesg

Reaction score
Already tried the paper clip trick to no avail, you read my mind, about to try it again as well as something into the throttle body. Fingers crossed - cheers.
Tried the paper clip again got a code that indicates anti theft signal missing, tried some engine start spray and it fired on that but didn't run. Conclusion - dead bcm - got a simulator from Mr module I'll report on that.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If it fired up with engine start spray then you could have a fuel problem, most likely fuel pump.

chasnmdnite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
If it fired up with engine start spray then you could have a fuel problem, most likely fuel pump.
but if hes missing the anti theft signal replacing the fuel pump will achieve nothing