Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobilizor Reset help! Urgent!

B

BecCom

OK, we left for holidays this morning and have arrived at our destination on the Northern Beaches, Sydney.

We own a Holden Commodore VP and it has an immobilzor connected.

WE think the remote to it is broken, so it wont unlock the doors. Thus we have to open the car with the key. The key activates the Immobilizor which we cant turn off to start the car with the broken remote! So we have NO car to drive.

If we could turn it off we'd be right but we have no idea where it is! Would anyone have any clue as to how to turn it off??

We could call the NRMA but my membership lapsed (I know, stupid) and if we re-new it it takes 48 nhours to become affective. Ang good luck getting an auto electricion open this time of year! Another option is for my mum to express post the second set which will take two days as its from the country...

Any help with this would be greeeeat!!! Pleeeeeeese!!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Well your best option sound like your mum posting up the second set. That is the cheapest option and your imobiliser will stay functional.

etower

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exe s2 3.8
Check the battery. I had the same problem, put a new one in the remote and no problem.

BrianT

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s wagon
open the passenger front door and on the pillar you will see a lock this will turn of the imobilizer

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Do you have a picture of this, I have never heard of this. Do you have a standard imoboliser?

B

BecCom

Thanks so much for the replies, we have tried swapping batteries int he remote to no avail. The remote is stuffed pretty much!

Sorry, I dont have a picture...

We can see the lock in the passenger door but we were never given a key when we bought the car! Bugger!

We are going to try disconnecting the battery - something we havent tried yet.

Thanks again....

BecCom