Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Importing 2010 Ford Mustang V6

Bowden62

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
Hey guys, i'm new to this site and don't really know what im doing... but i was just wondering if any of you guys could give me an estimate on how much it would cost to import a 2010 V6 mustang from the states to melbourne or adelaide.

if not then do you know where i could find out?

any information would be very helpful as i have no idea whatsoever just want to get an idea.

cheers guys.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
well first you would have to know where your buying it from n america east or west cost for example, once you know that you can call a shipping company and get a quote, altenatively you could enquire at one of the many importers already in australia

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
well first you would have to know where your buying it from n america east or west cost for example, once you know that you can call a shipping company and get a quote, altenatively you could enquire at one of the many importers already in australia

and dont forget you need one that is right hand drive

Bowden62

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
yeah no worries. couldnt i just get my left hand drive license which would make looking alot easier.

im not really too sure coz im still on my p's just trying to establish a price.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
good point made by stocky youll need a right hand drive one, how much are you looking to spend? cant see it being cheap to have a car shipped international

Bowden62

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
im still saving at the moment but up to like 35ish maybe.. or i'll ask my parents for a years advancement on my 21st bday present. haha nah. well ive been looking on the website and a new car is around 27000 australian. so do you reckon all the costs involved with shipping all the tax and stamp duty and stuff will keep the total under 35?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
im still saving at the moment but up to like 35ish maybe.. or i'll ask my parents for a years advancement on my 21st bday present. haha nah. well ive been looking on the website and a new car is around 27000 australian. so do you reckon all the costs involved with shipping all the tax and stamp duty and stuff will keep the total under 35?

you thought about everything else such as who on earth would insure a young person in a mustang?

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
Prolly not, import car tax is ****ing astronomical to prop up our car industry

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
you thought about everything else such as who on earth would insure a young person in a mustang?

hes only getting a V6 wont have power issues, probably cost more for an import maybe shannons would insure it, getting parts/service will be a bastard too