Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Importing Car Audio From The U.s

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
That looks like a good deal to me. Would be slightly more expensive then a direct import but still a lot less then RRP, plus you get your warranty that I keep raving on about ;)

AuAudio

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you mention that you are a member from the Just Commodores forums I will offer futher discounts on anything that I can. Also if you want to organise a group buy or something prices will be extrememly attractive.

Thanks,
Justin (from AuAudio.com)

I

isaac_2jz

Yeah make u sure u search the model on ebay, sounds dumb but i got my us head unit for $249 and smae model here wih 1 less pre-out 450, so just search ebay b4 nthing...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
isaac....you so got done, dude!!! HaHa

There is no way I would pay 249 US or AUD for the 4700!

But, I would pay about $140 ;)

Alpine Type R 6.5" Splits for $134.99 anyone?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
12Voltking said:
One word of warning with imports and ebay....there is no manufacturers warranty.
i dunno about you but if your gonna buy better car audio stuff then the company will want to keep its higher paying customers happy and so will have much more stringent quality checks and testing on the higher end stuff. also even if it stuffs up then either send it to the place or origin or buy a new one! you wont have lost much anyway.
i inported some alpine gear. got it for 1/2 price including shiping. i havent heard of anyone beat that sorta deal yet!
i got it shipped by a place called www.shopthestates.com. you order online and get the stuff sent to them and they the nship it to you for as cheap as possible. online companies that interantionally ship charge excessive amounts! these people at shop the states will accept paypal or whatever and then buy the stuff for you if the online shop doesnt accept international buyers!!!! they handle everything very well and have a good responsive customer support team who will reply with in 1 day of you emailing them. i couldnt recommend them more. they even said that my h/u and splits were under $200 australian so they didnt attract import taxes!!! if ANYONE wants to have a chat or whatever my msn addy is garfa87 @ hotmail. com
heh 12volt i got my spx-177r's for about $140USD! it pays to really search! god bless import laws!
oh btw EBAY IS C**P!!! if your going to import at least do it properly and dont get ripped off!
also alot of other countriers fm and am id different to aus so make sure youy can select or get it mechanically converted to aus standards.
sorry auaudio but you are too expensive for me. the prices will need to frop a bit. what sorta drop will a single member get? around about figures. what about a group buy?