Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

improving mysv6

L

lew

OK the zv6 is not too bad in standard trim still 190kw is not that thrilling!!
Doe's anyone have any suggestions on wringing a little(or a lot) more out of the new engine?

thanks lew

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If you want speed, first thing i would do is diff gears. Go from the 2.87's to some 3:45's or 3:7's.....thats one of the major problems in the SV6 in my opinion as standard commodores have 3:08's so the 2:87's are very conservative.

Next i would go for an exhaust. I think Pacemaker are about to bring out (if not already) some extractors for the alloytec 190. Get a good exhaust to get the engine breathing nicely and you'll be on your way.

L

lew

thanks, I don't know about stuffing about with diff internals but I like the thought of the engine breathing easier.
I had an e-mail from capa re- supercharging, sounds interesting, just wonder if the rest of the drive train is up to 300kw?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the supercharger from CAPA sounds good too...If you want to spend the money of course. I think the drive train would be capable of 300kw...

Although is it an Auto or Manual?

I dont see why you wouldnt wanna change the diff gears. Get some out of a V8 Manual, they have 3:73 gears stock. Straight swap basically.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
I'd be interested in hearing about any thoughts on OTRCAI's for VZ 190 V6's. Anyone know where I can find out A:) What a MAF is, and the differences between MAF and MAFLess tunes and weather it applies to Alloytec 190's?

I spent hours searching the web and can find heaps of MAF vs MAFLess but nothing about what a MAF actually is!

Si

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ok that capa SV6 is gold, its local and comes in to work to borrow the tech 2.... ive been in it and man does it fly.....worth every bit of 6 grand trust me

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Thanks for that, my understanding is Over The Radiator Cold Air Induction.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohhhh ok. Never seen it as OTRCAI before is all.

SS Inductions claim an 11rwkw improve for their CAI for the Alloytecs in the VZ's...thats for the 190 as well. But its not OTR, it sucks air in from the headlight and below the headlight...

If thats what SS Inductions have done that would be the best way to suck air in I guess, if OTR was the best way they would have continued with that style.

L

lew

Yes.... I am looking forward to getting my hands on the CAPA S/C though I don't know how long it will be or how much it will cost.

BENNY how was bottom end power????????

My ride is an auto if it makes much difference
lew