Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

improving mysv6

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Next i would go for an exhaust. I think Pacemaker are about to bring out (if not already) some extractors for the alloytec 190. Get a good exhaust to get the engine breathing nicely and you'll be on your way.[/QUOTE]

Hey mate shows it goin?? Just wondering if you'd have any idea on money wise how much the extractors and exhaust would be?? Also how much power it would increase by?? I have an 04 SV6 Auto!!

Thanx in advance

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Pacemaker do have some extractors to suit the Alloytec engine. The extractors suit both the 175 and 190kw variants and are the same for auto and manual.

The part number is 5069 and depending on where you go expect to pay between $600 and $700 fitted. For a full exhaust after that... Say something basic like 2.5 inch exhaust most places would do it for $900 with a nice tip on the end as a package deal with the extractors.

Expect 10% with the extractors on their own....with a good exhaust and a CAI then you could probably get a 15% power increase with the extractors because it will let them work to their potential.

So just slapping some extractors on, expect around 205-210kw out of a stock alloytec 190.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
1991_Vn2nV said:
The part number is 5069 and depending on where you go expect to pay between $600 and $700 fitted. For a full exhaust after that... Say something basic like 2.5 inch exhaust most places would do it for $900 with a nice tip on the end as a package deal with the extractors.

Expect 10% with the extractors on their own....with a good exhaust and a CAI then you could probably get a 15% power increase with the extractors because it will let them work to their potential.

So just slapping some extractors on, expect around 205-210kw out of a stock alloytec 190.

Aewsome thanx mate. That helps out heaps, while on the topic how much (ball park figure) would a CAI cost?? Just trying to get an idea so i know!!

thanx,

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SS Inductions retail their CAI for $599... Pretty expensive for what it is but they do claim 11rwkw improvement...which is around 15 or 16 flywheel kw. Probably a little exaggerated, but it will improve the gain from your extractors too.

I dont think I could afford that for a CAI...but then again thats probably why i drive a VN lol.