Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse Blue SV6. HEAAAAPPS OF MODS :)

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
hey mate , when you did your SSSLs you said leave the rubbers out , do they make noise i did mine last night but left the seat rubbers in cause i was scared it was gunna make noises and the top retainer doesnt look that big hey ??

Nah no noise mate, I've had no problem with mine!

This is an awesome ride

Thanks mate :)

I have a HBD Boot lip and HSV bonnet lip to go on just have to get them painted up... Should look good :)

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Thanks mate :) It's almost perfect in my eyes too! just a few more small touches to come.

Few new pics for new page :)

1-10.jpg

7.jpg

6-2.jpg

5-4.jpg

4-2.jpg

3-9.jpg

Anyone know why my car would be sitting lower on the passenger side?
it's very low lol it tucks a fair bit of tire... I want the passenger side to be the same!

2-7.jpg

8.jpg

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Possibly a stuffed spring? Not real sure.

How is the brake upgrade going?

What else are you needing to do for you to be 100% happy with it?

Still looks stunning :)

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
When i had my springs fitted they measured each corner before lowering and then again afterwards. Before it was out by about by maybe 10 mm i cant remember the exact figure but then with the new lowerd spring it come closer still out by a little bit but much closer. They said it can be a slight chassis twist or a bush that is stuffed. i dont think youll find a car that is exactly even

HRDNUP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz s pac Ute
hey mate what gauge holder you got there, could you buy it off ebay wanting to change mine over yours looks tops

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
wow man you have done an awesome job with your car, certainly looks the part thats for sure :)

Cheers mate :) It's just about perfect in my eyes, now just gonna enjoy it till license allows me to get a HSV!!

Possibly a stuffed spring? Not real sure.

How is the brake upgrade going?

What else are you needing to do for you to be 100% happy with it?

Still looks stunning :)

Thanks! Not in much of a hurry with brakes, will most likely do them further down the track as i don't want to run out of things to do to the car within the 3 years i still have left on P's :(

As for other mods in the short term, just get the front HSV lip and HBD boot lip i have for it color coded and fitted. Then as above just start enjoying it!

hey mate what gauge holder you got there, could you buy it off ebay wanting to change mine over yours looks tops

Hey mate, i got it off ebay back when i had the SS. It is a custom SSZ one, not sure if they're still selling them but keep your eyes on ebay, one will surely pop up

*EDIT: here you go!
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=200748318858&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=23223346731

Last edited:

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Loving the build of this car man! inspiring me to work my car (good for me but bad for my account :p)

That shifter you have, what type is it? my clutch is on its way out so im looking into clutches but while its out i thought i might throw a shifter in.
and also your HSV Dash Cluster, does that clash with the back or look seperate? looking into painting my dash but dont want things clashing (still deciding a full color scheme)

I look forward to seeing more mods done to this thing!
Good Luck!

Willo

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Cheers Dylan :)

It's a custom shortened shifter i found on eBay - not sure if the guys still making them though..

What exactly do you mean about the cluster clashing mate?

Not much progress with car, have got a new toy, a motorbike so that has been getting all my attention lol just enjoying the car how it is :)