Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse Blue VZ SS - Supersports on!!

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Figured I should post this up since I got the car :driving:

Model: 2004 VZ SS
Color: Impulse Blue
Engine: 5.7L LS1 GenIII
Odometer: 179,XXX
Engine Mods: Not yet!
Exhaust: Previous owner said it has had one and has a good note but haven't gotten under it to check exactly what has been done.
Gearbox: 6spd Manual
Power: Not sure yet.
Wheels: 19" GTS, more rash than a truck stop hooker, previous owner mustn't have been able to park at all. These are getting replaced with something else although I am not sure what yet. 19's or 20's, nothing too chrome.
Suspension: SL all round I'm guessing, previous owner said SSL but doesn't look that low does it? If you can't tell he didn't give me much info on the car but got a good deal so I'm happy! Just gotta iron out a few things.
Stereo: Double din head unit
Other: Blacked out badge on grill

Future Mods:
-New wheels ASAP
-Black out rest of badges
-Senator lip spoiler + light
-Tint
-Crack the headlights, dry em out and reseal. (Dodgy HID job let's in moisture).
-OTR + Mafless tune
-Gonna have a go at reupholstering the seats myself, change from cloth to cream leather
-Other little interior pieces will get touched up so it looks shmic
-Coilovers
-Cam later down the track

What do you all think? Will have better photos up soon. Any ideas on wheels? Preferably 20's, thinking black supersports or black G8's.

Attachments

• IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 1,787
  • IMG_2216.jpg
    IMG_2216.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Looks good, I reckon some streamline plates for the front would be nice.

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Cheers all, little update, just ordered a rip shifter from GMM and looking forward to putting that in! Still on the hunt for some supersports too but started wondering if I should do 19's or 20's..

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Looks good,i actually like those rims and the shiny look but your choice of course(just not sure on black wheel with that blue?).
19's imo better ride quality almost certainly.Nice ride champ!

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Cheers mate! The rims don't look too bad in photos but they are really badly curbed on nearly all of them, previous owner though not me! Have seen black wheels on the blue and I think it looks really good, will also black out the badges to tie it all together a little. Big plans for this car, hopefully it all goes how I want it to!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Sounds good mate,agree re other poster about maybe getting rid of the uglyish yellow plates? lol of course not super cheap to change over but would look good imo!

keep updating bud,good to hear you have checked out the black on blue in the flesh...matte may be better than gloss?? matte badges lol

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Yeah thinkin my next wheels are gonna be matte black supersports maybe with white walls or something.. Not sure if I would do the badges matte black but maybe gloss black, should still work with the blue and black theme. Yeah I defintely agree about the plates, they will get sorted but not at the top of the list just yet as I can think of better **** to do with the coin than give it to the bloody RMS right now haha..

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
loving those wheels :thumbsup: