Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse VZ R8, First HSV, 300RWKW

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
I've just used sprint auto dex 3, any would work they are allthe same properties mate

yeah loving the cam, clutch ripshifter and diff rebuild, has changed the attitude of the car so much, :)

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
I bet it has mate. I still love getting in mine and just going for a drive. Was talking to one of the blokes at bursons that we deal with through work he recommended pro gear so I will probably give it a try if it's no good ill drop it and stick with dex3. Heard plenty of good/ and bad reviews so I guess each box is different.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
considering the tolerances that Tremec would have (not on the scale of Ferrari, Audi and the likes) you are guaranteed that no box will ever be the same mate,
mine felt better during cold shifts, but as soon as it heated up the shifts became woeful

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Ill keep it in mind mate and will let you know how it goes. Going to do it all on Saturday.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
nice work, hope it goes well for ya mate

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Thanks mate, well I baught the rest of the oil today and also picked up a k&n recharge kit an a couple of pumps to put on the oil bottles. So got everything I need now.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
I got a little tom thumb pump, holds about a litre but doesn't take much to get it into the box,, :)

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Well out of nowhere thought I'd advertise my ssv's and see if anyone was keen....a guy is picking them up tomorrow for what I paid and I'm going to look at a set of supersports Sunday :) keen as.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Supersports wooo! You might have to roll your guards to fit them. If they've got no tyres on them for the love of god do not get 35mm sidewalls! Also a good tip for rolling your guards. I bought a guard roller off eBay for $90 to do mine with, I've rolled a few guards for some mates at $25 a corner so it's payed for itself already:spot on:

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Yeah I've been thinking of buying one for ages will look into it abit more. What tyre size do you suggest?