Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse VZ R8, First HSV, 300RWKW

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Haha thanks man, I would have to agree with you. Your ss looks clean as! Always liked white too, nearly baught a white clubby before this.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Well guys after a few issues with steering wheel controls finally have my headunit installed. Also instlled stinger 6000, 4000 series rcas so I dont have to pull it out again for when I do amps.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Few pics from a shoot I had the other day. Got more coming :)

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Looks great man, the impulsive blue is my next favourite colour in the clubby :) iv been wanting a good photo shoot with my cars for ages but still haven't got one done lol

Jealous of your leather, Iv been trying to find some for mine, was the only thing I didn't get that I'd have liked.

Got much else planned to do to this man?

Cheers scott

Last edited:

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
It is a neat colour, although next to a friends voodoo I prefer that! Hit up ebay man there always on there just trying to get em for a decent price and condition would be the challenge. No plans at this stage trying to buy a house but eventually re do the suspension, and possibly some new wheels. Engine wise a fast mainfold and feul rails, l98 heads and a re tune. Theres Always somthing!

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Yer iv been looking there man, hard bits finding good condition ones that aren't to far away, Im Sure some will pop up tho!
Yer nice I want to get the fast manifold, throttle body and fuel rails aswell but I'm in the same boat trying to get a house atm just waiting for my Calais to sell.

Cheers scott

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I have the FAST102 on my LS2 and is a big improvement over the LS2 factory manifold which is regarded as a pig despite having a 90mm TB opening.
But if you fit later square port L76/98/LS3 heads then the factory manifold is hard to beat with any after market manifold.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Would there still be a benefit from the fast with l98 heads over standard manifold?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
From what I've read there would be an improvement but so small not worth the money unless you were chasing every little bit of horsepower.
The Fast 102 comes in both cathedral and square port, and its the square port that I'm talking about here.
My car still has the cathedral port #243 heads and I picked up my FAST102 quite cheap from someone upgrading to square port heads.
I could have fitted 2nd hand LS3 heads and manifold cheaper than it cost me to fit Higgins CNC'd 243's and the Fast102 but I wanted to keep my low down torque strong.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Ah didnt realise you could get sqaure and cathedral in the fast. Not sure which way id go fast with l98 heads or fast with say higgens or somthing similar. Probly go second hand so whatever I could pick up for the right price I spose