Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In Line fuel Filter VE V8?

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Seeking info on VE V8 such as my '06 SS has an in line fuel filter to change as part of a service?
For example an exec V6 VZ has one just above the diff centre , does the VE V8 have an in line filter at all anywhere ? Thanks.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there is a filter before the pump in the tank and there is also a filter after the pump built into the module, none external to the tank anymore

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
As said above. There is no inline filter. Its an Intank Module and Filter setup.

If you wanted to change it check with Holden for a filter replacement. Noone aftermarket currently makes one.

You can access it via a hole under the rear seat. However, I do believe after 09 the hole has been sealed.

JesseJames7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very Calais 6 litre
I have a 2011 6 litre ve calais and it ran out of fuel I just put more fuel in it and now it won't run it tries to start but doesn't where is the fuel filter located

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
check fuel pressure at the rails, it would be rare for the filter to block they are large and suited for the life of the module, the filter is within the pump module inside the tank, big PITA to check or if u do just fit a new module as the cost to check is a big job, but check other areas first to see where the issue is make sure it is the pump first

Reactions: Lex