Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In need of help with my VS Commodore

Defect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm Ute (Daily), 180SX (Weekender)
With the ECU I replaced the entire thing thinking that maybe the one in the car had been chiped or something so that should be ok.

When the box was replaced we also did the torque converter.

The reason we changed the box in the firt place was because we suspected maybe a higher reving torque converter had been installed and whilst the box was out we decided just to replace the lot.

The old box was running at approx 1800rpm@110km/h which was awesome on fuel but this new box does approx 2100rpm to 2400rpm on average.

With the 'Trans Stop Slip' is that just something you get from a normal auto shop? and do I just put it in with the trans oil or something?

Yeah those scans would be heaps helpful if you could do that for me and what exactly is a multimeter?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
a multimeter is a device used to measure voltages and resistances of electrical componants. it has 2 prongs, one for positive and one for negative. the older style used to have a needle display but nowadays they usually have a lcd screen. the price range can vary from $10 all the way up into the 100's