Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In Reverse gear and handbrake down a long beep

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega
Okay so I just finished replacing my seatbelt tensioner due to is stopped working about a month or two ago (it took a while to find a good deal) and that's now done which is excellent however I came across another issue with my VE when I turn on the car nothing goes off but when I put the car in the reverse gear and then release the handbrake there's a very long beep for like 5 to 10 seconds and turns the sound of no idea why it's doing this has happened before but it stopped

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE MY10 SS COMMODORE
Okay so I just finished replacing my seatbelt tensioner due to is stopped working about a month or two ago (it took a while to find a good deal) and that's now done which is excellent however I came across another issue with my VE when I turn on the car nothing goes off but when I put the car in the reverse gear and then release the handbrake there's a very long beep for like 5 to 10 seconds and turns the sound of no idea why it's doing this has happened before but it stopped

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE MY10 SS COMMODORE
Is the car parked close to something at the back of it ? It's not the reverse sensor going off is it ? That's if you have reverse sensors of course.

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega
i do have sensors on the back i just don't have the module for it yet to wire them up and there's nothing at the back

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Did your VE have the module before? Usually one long beep indicates a faulty sensor or module.