Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inconsistent spark

B

blade1982

A few days ago my car droped at least 2 cylinders so i changed leads and plugs. now it seems that i an getting inconsistent spark from the right bank 246 i have checked the primary and secondary coils as the manual said and still it is the same. other than leads plugs and coils what else could be creating this. engine is hard to start and you can feel only while idleing and at very low speeds other.
Once i start driving it seems ok.
Any ideas. Thank You

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
timing might have somehow jumped. like a computer problem. its worth trying another coil... they can seem find sometimes then by a bitch others.
is it all the time of worse at high revs or when the car is hot etc??

B

blade1982

the only thing i find weard that the it has 3 coil packs and ony one of each coil pack is not sparking properly and they seem to be linked to the same head. i also niticed an engine noise that started comming through my stereo. im thinking maybe it is an earthing problem with that head. Any ideas?

B

blade1982

I tested the dfi module with a tast light and it didnt light up once im guessing it is screwed.but the car still starts got me buggered think i may sent it to the pro's just incase it is something little that i didnt see. i was wondering if anyone had a DFI module that i could use to test. Thanks again