Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator Gets Stuck

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The white plastic tit that sticks out the side of the stalk is the bit that makes contact with the cam on the steering wheel that turns it all off after the wheel returns back to straight ahead. Try taking the stalk off the column and pushing on it after you pull the arm to the turn position to see if the arm returns.
The internals of the indicator stalk could be either worn or has a part broken or a spring popped off.You can take the stalk assembly apart and pull them apart if youre careful check the internals for this but take note where everything goes because its a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to get back together.
From my experience with them it will probably mean a new stalk however.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Hey everyone... My indicator always seems to get stuck on (as in it doesnt automatically click off) in hot weather.Does anyone else share this problem? Can it be fixed? Cheers, Damez

Mine does that on really hot days if my car has been sitting in the sun. I cant really be bothered fixing it though as my car rarely sits in the sun too long so it doesnt to it often enough to annoy me enough to the point of fixing it.

Tim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 WH 5.7ltr Caprice
yeh our vs does it in hot weather too, but rarely.