Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator problems

Nato123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Hi all,

Got a 2001 vu commodore and having some problems with the indicators. When I turn on the left indicator it’ll light up but won’t flash, will just stay on. The right indicator seems to work good, occasionally it’ll flash slowly but will still always flash.

both indicators will work perfectly tho when I have my headlights turned on, but as soon as headlights are switched off the problem arises again.

Any tips or suggestions? Cheers

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Check and see if there’s a brightness difference between both sides At all bulbs and report back.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Check the earth on the L/H headlight assy, where the headlight loom joins the main harness.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
How would that fix anything?
The turn signal indicator switch is obviously working for both sides, or no lights would illuminate.

Try again.
Maybe because the headlight flow thru the stalk to activate high beam .. :rolleyes: 99% would be the flasher relay but since it works when lights are on leads me to think the blinker switch is farked..

Nato123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Thanks for the replies guys. The brightness was same strength in the indicators

I took out the relay and gave it a wipe and pushed it back in and seemed to be working good. Started going a bit slow again yesterday but today is back to working good

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Probably need a new relay. As a temp quick fix a tap on the ground can sometimes make it last a week or two.