Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

infinity vs mtx

benim2000

Reaction score
i'm looking at an mtx or infinity system. does anyone have any components of these brand in there cars? what was your opinion on them? my system at this stage would just be one 12" sub, rears, splits,4 channel amp and a pioneer or jvc headunit. i am more interested in sound quality than just pure loudness.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If your looking for quality, use the infinity's if your looking SPL use the MTX's ;)

I've installed lots of components from both brands and wasn't suitably impressed with either, but thats just my opinion, you need to do what suits your ears and your wallet.

benim2000

Reaction score
Obviously listening to subs and speakers in a shop and when then when its finally in your car would be fairly different,in terms of rms peak power and other specifications what can u look for to know what your getting?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
there isn't really many things you can look for. Only listen to them. If you prefer the sound over one thing then the other in the shop, yes it will change greatly once in the car but will still be better then the other brand.