Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info on these tyres

cartnpeg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Hi,
Okay I am going to put some 18 inch rims on my car in the near future and have been looking at a package deal.

I have a preference of going to a tyre place rather than order via the net,to me it seems easier if I have a problem I can just go back to the place of purchase,rather than freight the problem back to where I got them from ( if I was to have any problems)

My budget is $1600.00 max,I did allow $1400.00 but found that was not feasible.

One place has offered to put on Xenon and the other Tracmax,these tyres fall within my budget for both tyre and rims.

I live down Warrnambool way,Southwest Victoria, so Geelong would be my limit for travel.Can't deal with the Melbourne traffic.

I know the xenon are $199.00 each,no price on the Tracmax as the tyre mob just gave me total price of package.I did get a better deal ( rim price) by going with the xenon.

Does anyone run these tyres and if so what do you think,I have done a search on here JC,but most of the posts are a few years old.

90% of my driving is on the highway and it is a family car,so my driving is on the speed limit and the car is not driven hard.

Please note my budget limit if you where to mention dropping any more dollars on other tyres,basically interested in feed back on the above mentioned tyres.

Thanks for your time.

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi mate,

I can't help you with those tyre brands as I know nothing about them, but if it helps at all, I just picked up a set of 18/45/245 Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my Calais from Tyrepower for $1,000, $250ea. Not sure if it was a national special but might be worth checking out. I'm no tyre expert but from the limited research I did, I learnt that the Michelin's are considered one of the best tyres getting around at the moment.

Haven't had them on long but so far they seem great for handling, braking, and in the wet.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi,
Okay I am going to put some 18 inch rims on my car in the near future and have been looking at a package deal.

I have a preference of going to a tyre place rather than order via the net,to me it seems easier if I have a problem I can just go back to the place of purchase,rather than freight the problem back to where I got them from ( if I was to have any problems)

My budget is $1600.00 max,I did allow $1400.00 but found that was not feasible.

One place has offered to put on Xenon and the other Tracmax,these tyres fall within my budget for both tyre and rims.

I live down Warrnambool way,Southwest Victoria, so Geelong would be my limit for travel.Can't deal with the Melbourne traffic.

I know the xenon are $199.00 each,no price on the Tracmax as the tyre mob just gave me total price of package.I did get a better deal ( rim price) by going with the xenon.

Does anyone run these tyres and if so what do you think,I have done a search on here JC,but most of the posts are a few years old.

90% of my driving is on the highway and it is a family car,so my driving is on the speed limit and the car is not driven hard.

Please note my budget limit if you where to mention dropping any more dollars on other tyres,basically interested in feed back on the above mentioned tyres.

Thanks for your time.

I have 195/60/15 Xenons on my Kia. Worst tyres I have ever bought. Handle like sponges, squeal their way around the slightest bend for no apparent reason, and wow they are wearing fast. I'll be lucky if they last 20k. And yes, had a wheel alignment both front and back when I had the tyres fitted and there is nothing wrong with the suspension either. They are just bad tyres. Explains why they were the cheapest tyre I could find at the time lol

I know nothing about Tracmax sorry, but I would be amazed if they are worse than Xenons.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Never heard of those tyre brands :beer chug:

Stig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Z Series
Try Falken Tyres,I have 20 inch on mine,Round $300 each,so would be cheaper for 18 inch.
Bought mine in Geelong,I also live in the Bool.....Feckin Useless Here, :)

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Plus one for Falken's I have the new FK453, all good so far.

VY_Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commy pos
$1600 should get you a set of 20" wheels & tyres.

The retailer would only be buying those xenon tyres for $60, #### they rip people off, the wheel & tyre industry is dead at the moment. You wouldn't believe how cheap these assholes are paying for stuff.

cartnpeg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Thanks all for the replies.

I might just step back and not rush into anything just yet and continue doing more phone calls around.

cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Xenon tyres are from bob jane, they get poor reviews quite a bit if you google, go khumo's, Falkens, Maxxis,even federal have a good range (had these on ve ss when bought it, got 45000klm from them and weren't too bad) Khumo's only bot 25000klm but had it tuned etc so was giving it alot more, something reasonable as its the only contact with the road (your safety)