Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Info regarding V2 blower on ls1 ?

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
just chasing some advice from people who are up to specs with the v2 blower on

ls1's, the car im looking at purchasing the blower for is a vx ss with 40,000k's on

decided to go a for the v2 due to it being a daily driver etc so dont want a

angry pig to drive to work, mods include fast manifold/t/b and full difillipo system

what are the power increase etc for the 6psi uncooled kit ? are they good bang

for buck ? what power do the normally see ? , also i was going to run a 4500

stall would this be no good with the blower , would a stock stall be better ?

cheers for your help ....

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Cants speak for LS1 but i know of a couple of people with them on 6.0ltrs.
I would be wary of running one uncooled as the intake temp would get pretty hot especialy in summer maybe causing it to drop timing to the lower ignition timing table under full boost.
Those blowers still dont make alot of boost at lower RPM so a stall would be good, 3500 rpm would probably be better but a 4500 would get it where it makes power pretty fast.
Does the car have a fuel system fitted, surge tank pumps etc, is the motor cammed at all?

On a 6ltr with small cam , intercooler and fuel system and twin 3 inch pipes they are good for about 340ish and 12000+nm or torque.
Drive brillient from what ive heard but thats done propperly.

Not sure on a 5.7 if non cammed no intercooled with no fuel system etc.

Personaly i wouldnt set one up non intercooled to start with.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
stock fuel system and stock cam , have some 42lb here though , ohnestly mate not looking for big power or boost just some daily grunt , v2 with gilmer drive will be exactly what i need , got other cars to play with to make numbers , will be happy with any thing 350rwhp + , thanks for your help

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
On a 6ltr with small cam , intercooler and fuel system and twin 3 inch pipes they are good for about 340ish and 12000+nm or torque.

12000nm+ torque! I want one, that's face ripping torque right there :p

/lol

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I find mine is easy to drive, mine is intercooled and runs a 28 tooth pulley. Only problem I am having at the moment is not enough fuel.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
im not sure what they'd make but it is on a 6ltr with a cam and under full boost with the right system/setup, like, gearbox, diff etc., iv seen in 4wd's some petrol ones not making huge power but pulling 1,000nm of torque with a decent/big turbo. They've been a couple on 4wd t.v. these were FJ40's in W.A and Adelaide i believe.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I love to see the reasoning behind this.

Just one of those things that sounds a little out there.

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
The 12000n quoted is " motive force " at the wheels on the dyno. Not sure how you convert it back too engine torque. The idea is that the dyno calculates the motive force at the wheels so it is the same regardless of gear ratios, this means that you can directly compare the torque of 2 different cars. For example my 5.7 with a cam and a 200 shot of NOS makes around 11000n of motive force where the blown 6L combo makes around 12000. I have been in this particular car and trust me it is a genuine 10 sec street car, also the blower on this car is a T-Trim not a standard V2.
Here is my dyno sheet so you can see what I'm talking about
Picture.jpg