Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Initial LS1 mods, how far can one go before getting into warranty issues?

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
digitok said:
Oops, meant ls1edit.com.au

Cheers
Yeah i know what ya Meant But i can still tell ya he does'nt use LS1 Edit as a program , he uses VCM suite or HP tuners from memory ! :thumbsup:

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
digitok said:
hmm, interesting... What are the best places in WA for a tune?
I wouldnt go anywhere else But Chipmaster !! daniel is The best tuner in WA in my opinion !

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
OLS108, i can assure you that if there is a question raised about a PCM being "unoficially" reprogrammed they can tell. If the failure is repeated & the investigation is warranted then they will go to the extra lenghts to find out what has gone on. I agree it is very hard to tell if the standard cal has been reloaded, but if the modified cal is in the PCM its dead easy for them.
HPT & EFILive are both capable of leaving no trace in the cal if used for a stock cal, but as i said LS1 Edit leaves a telltale in the calibration that is easy to spot.

Back on the subject, strictly speaking any modifications from standard are possible reasons for having your warranty or part of it voided. This all depends on the dealer involved & the customers demeanour when presenting the car.
In WA definitely go to Chipmaster for a tune, Daniel is brilliant.

Rob

leigh123

Reaction score
I have a VYII SS. Still under Warranty..I want to get the basic Stage 1 stuff done, Edit, Exhaust,CAI etc. From this thread I see I should be able to get away with the Edit. What about the exhaust and other mods.? I haven't looked into it much as to what kind of system I want or anything yet.
How far can I go apart from the Edit without voiding the warranty ?

cheers
leigh

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I went edit, cam, exhaust etc didnt void my warranty, admittedtly i had the cam done while the engine was being replaced. It is all up to the dealer in the end. Most guys though seem to be able to get away with tune and zorst no problem.