Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectd 202

dhosky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 V6 manual executive
have a vk with injected 202 running on 5 cyl fixed that broken valve spring put car back together wouldnt idle but would run at 2000 + rpm any ideas what I have managed to do engine is running fine with carb on would also fire when started but just splutter out after a few seconds

dhosky

Reaction score
Members Ride
would blocked injectors cause this

FCCOOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore,VP 5.0 calais, 2x59 FC,
is it injected or carb.
maybe you left of a hose, got two hoses around the wrong way or there is a vacuum leak at the carb base.
or if its injected maybe its got a leak between the manifold & tb or manifold to head.

you say it was running fine with the carb on, did you have a efi pump or low pressure pump with the carb

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
is it injected or carb.
maybe you left of a hose, got two hoses around the wrong way or there is a vacuum leak at the carb base.
or if its injected maybe its got a leak between the manifold & tb or manifold to head.

you say it was running fine with the carb on, did you have a efi pump or low pressure pump with the carb

or dont have the anti deiseling solinoid on the varby connected it will stop it from running unless throttle is open

dhosky

Reaction score
Members Ride
car was originally injected was running ok on five cyl had broken valve spring fixed valve spring put engine back together would splutter then stop but if you held throttle half open would start & run but only from 2000 +rpm double checked everything couldnt find any air leaks gave up put carby on mechanical fuel pump &disconnected electrics from electric fuel pump runs fine no probs

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
hey yea i just swapped my efi 202 into the toana and its doing the same thing! been trying for months to figure it out! injector cleaner didnt work. i also noticed it doesnt inject fuel into all the cylinders. my next guess is the efi computer aint workin propperly! anyone got an idea on prices for new efi computer?