Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idle / tune issues on VR V8 304

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Idle Closed loop is dependant on some factors such as engine temp and Throttle position etc. Maybe check TP% when it idles as it should and then check TP% when idle is high. Also check that accelerator cable and or throttle body isn't getting slightly jammed.

Stanpro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Clubsport
50kpa is about right.
20-30 is decel
40-60 is possible idle range
70-100 is accel
over 100 and you are into boost.
Those numbers you have is what I would think to be right. Mine reads 50 kpa when engine isn't running though, so should be the same as full throttle on an N/A engine, ie 100 kpa. I'm thinking maybe whoever did the setup of the tune included with the kit used a N/A map as a base and just changed the MAP sensor for a 2 bar one which would output half the voltage of the 1 bar sensor. I'm only starting to play with the ALDL cable but I would like to figure out if I can extract the tune and have a look at it.

Stanpro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Clubsport
Idle Closed loop is dependant on some factors such as engine temp and Throttle position etc. Maybe check TP% when it idles as it should and then check TP% when idle is high. Also check that accelerator cable and or throttle body isn't getting slightly jammed.
Yea, checked that one. TP is 0% with no throttle and 99 point something when full throttle so I'm sure that isn't the issue.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Those numbers you have is what I would think to be right. Mine reads 50 kpa when engine isn't running though, so should be the same as full throttle on an N/A engine, ie 100 kpa. I'm thinking maybe whoever did the setup of the tune included with the kit used a N/A map as a base and just changed the MAP sensor for a 2 bar one which would output half the voltage of the 1 bar sensor. I'm only starting to play with the ALDL cable but I would like to figure out if I can extract the tune and have a look at it.
Jump on pcmhacking.net . download OSE FLASHTOOL and or Memcal ID Tool should help you identify what OS and tune your memcal is running and go from there. But, You may find that the tune is blocked due to copyright. You won't know till you try those tools.

If no copyright and you know what OS and tune it's using. Download Tuner Pro from their website and go to pcmhacking.net and download the correct software/bin files(11p or 12p and adx, xdf) so you can view tune/map tables.. Assuming you have not already done this.

Last edited:

Stanpro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Clubsport
Jump on pcmhacking.net . download OSE FLASHTOOL and or Memcal ID Tool should help you identify what OS and tune your memcal is running and go from there. But, You may find that the tune is blocked due to copyright. You won't know till you try those tools.

If no copyright and you know what OS and tune it's using. Download Tuner Pro from their website and go to pcmhacking.net and download the correct software/bin files(11p or 12p and adx, xdf) so you can view tune/map tables.. Assuming you have not already done this.
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into it for sure.