Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injected 5.0 trouble

bennylimitedsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
svle s/w limit run 80 20 got group a engine box
this thing purs like a kitten when i start her up not a tap or knock anywhere just a nice hsv enhanced v8 beutifull on idle and evan reving it up mind you ive done this for 15 20 mins its still perfect when you drive it but you realy have to give it to it then when come home put in park still idling beutifull now heres my problem when driven normally after 5 mis it starts tappig like nothing else ive flushed engine done full service even removed sump and th oil pick up was in a inch of gunk the idiot before me never serviced it my leads still said sv le 89 on them so the sump and oil pick up were chemicly cleaned and more oil and another new fillter still same tapping off its head when driven normal but on idle and getting driven flat out its fie does any one have any suggestions

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
it's probably blocked in the oil galleries inside the block somewhere aswell

stockyvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 5.0L IRS ABS
Had a loud tap in my 5.0 on the way to work in the morning that would usually go away by the time I got there. I ignored it for ages. Finally pulled the inlet manifold to replace the weeping inlet gaskets and on close inspection one of the pushrods had dropped into the lifter! The little retainer clip was missing and the cup the pushrod sits in had flipped sideways and the pushrod had dropped into the guts of the lifter. Replaced pushrod (original had wear on the side) and retainer clip and hasn't come back. Just a thought for you...

Luka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack
u find the prob benny??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Had a loud tap in my 5.0 on the way to work in the morning that would usually go away by the time I got there. I ignored it for ages. Finally pulled the inlet manifold to replace the weeping inlet gaskets and on close inspection one of the pushrods had dropped into the lifter! The little retainer clip was missing and the cup the pushrod sits in had flipped sideways and the pushrod had dropped into the guts of the lifter. Replaced pushrod (original had wear on the side) and retainer clip and hasn't come back. Just a thought for you...

Did you pick up some power after that:)?