Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injection cleaner

doowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7
Just wondering if its a myth or not. I once was told by a mechanic that injector cleaners destroy the goodness in your engine oil ,and you should service your car once the fuel has been used.
True or false?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh false, injector cleaner shouldn't go any where near the engine oil.

doowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7
Thanks lads , first time ive used it so i thought i should check.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
it said on one bottle i got, that ya not to put more than 2 or 3 bottles in, without a oil change.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It probably will destroy your oil if you pour it in the crankcase. However if you put it in the petrol tank like you're supposed to I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
It probably will destroy your oil if you pour it in the crankcase. However if you put it in the petrol tank like you're supposed to I'm sure everything will be fine :)

lol, not sure if that was directed at my post so i'll re-phrase it :D

it said on one bottle of injector cleaner-not to put more than 2 or 3 bottles of injector cleaner in your fuel tank without changing the oil in you motor................. y? i got no idea, all i know is that it was written on the bottle.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
lol, not sure if that was directed at my post so i'll re-phrase it :D

it said on one bottle of injector cleaner-not to put more than 2 or 3 bottles of injector cleaner in your fuel tank without changing the oil in you motor................. y? i got no idea, all i know is that it was written on the bottle.

Wasn't really aimed at you, more at the OP.

You'll get a bit of blow-by out the cylinder, so conceivably some of the product might end up with the oil, though if it was enough that 3 tanks would kill your oil I'd be worried!