Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injector cleaning. Who, how much and where?

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Just had a quote from the gmh dealer to have my fuel system cleaned out, and they want $2,500 for it. :bang:
Noticed a few people here have had it done, and i'm scouring the phine book right now, but can anyone advise of a cheaper way to get it done?
Prefer in the eastern suburbs (Vic) around Bayswater area.
Thanks.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Oh dear, you can probably change the fuel system with that money. You can get injectors cleaned for $250, change the fuel filter $10, I'm not sure about lines, tank, etc.

bobza

Reaction score
$2500 bit pricey, good old GMH

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I've since found a place locally-ish that does change-over injectors for $33 each.
I'm going to have a go at cleaning everything out myself. Taking the fuel tank out is not going to thrill me though. Had to do it once before on my missus old vb commy, and the smell from working with the fuel made me promise to every known God, that i'd never do it again.
Guess the Gods are gonna hate me now. :)

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i had the injectors cleaned on mt vt for about $250 and when it came to cleaning them on the vs i picked up a set of brand new injectors off ebay for $140 and just put them in, instead of cleaning the old ones but i encountered problems while changing them (sucking noise when turning the car off), took it into holden and got charged a further $390 to repair the problem turned out the injector seals needed replacing the seals that came with the injectors i bought were new old stock so they had shrunk slightly beeing stored for so long, new seal kit was only about $40 its the labour that hit me after that should of done it myself heh

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I've now found a local bloke that comes out and does them on-site for $275. That'll do me. Buit much, but i don't have to worry about stuffing them up.

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
aa23 said:
I've now found a local bloke that comes out and does them on-site for $275. That'll do me. Buit much, but i don't have to worry about stuffing them up.

Howdy could i possibly grab the name of the company that's doing that? I'm in south east melb (Glen Waverley area) and wouldn't mind that same service.

Cheers, Boojakz.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Boojakz, i can't remember it, (and i'm at work), but i'll let you know when i get home later tonight. :)

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Awesome Cheers mate :D

Thanks again,
Boojakz.