Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injectors..

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Ok, got plugs and leads changed, flatspot problems still existing .. mechanic suggests injectors need cleaning, and quoted $220 to get it done.. so far, this guy has always given me good quotes ..

Just wondering, how effective are fuel additive injector cleaners?
How good is this quote on a remove, clean and re-fit?

How does buying a new set of injectors compare, cost-wise? Any sources for these? Obviously the mechanic's prices are gonna be higher than online stores, etc ..

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ok definately get the injectors done for $220 cos thats a steal really.......fuel injector cleaners that go in your tank just wash all of the crap out of your tankl and dissolve inot tiny little pieces and eventually clog up the injector filters and fuel line filters....it has to be the biggest waist of money, fuel and time that wont give you anyhing but a clean tank and dirty injectors......so i advise you do this before you get your injectors cleaned so you can ahve a clean tank with clean injectors filters

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Had all injectors replaced on my vl turbo and they cost me $120 each.Havent had to replace the ones on my vt but if i had the stock six its cheaper then the turbo ones.Dont forget labour it the killer.
Hope it helps.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
$220 for the lot to get done is pretty damn cheap cos when i got mine done even my old man charged me $250 cos i had to get all of the filters and o-rings myself.....and because we ahve the only injector cleaner in the riverland

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I reckon just try an additive first.. It'll cost you $10.. Run a few tanks of 98 Ron petrol through your car..

See if it solves any problems.. If not, then get your injectors blasted.. Otherwise.. You've saved yourseld some cash..

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
$220???? thats nothing really....your going to have to eventually get them done so why not while it is so cheap???

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just curios, when is the flatspot actually occuring?

casuarina26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S1 A4
Hi there, I had my injectors cleaned the other day (with 120,000k service) cost $210 for the clean. My mechanic said to put a bottle of injector cleaner in every 6th 0r 7th tank of fuel or I could use premiun fuel every 6th 0r 7th tank load.

5 injectors wornt to bad but the 6th was realy dirty, anyway very smooth now with heaps more get up and go.

:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Lord-Data said:
Right when it hits boost actually ..

Sure its not a fuel pressure problem from the pump?