Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inlet manifold gasket

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Steve, didn't get it done last weekend, as the gaskets arrived friday and I didn't home til after 5pm and I got the card they were at the post office, so I couldn't collect them. Going to start when I got home from work today but work van decided get a flat battery and I got home over an hour late. Now I might need the car to get the van going. All fun and games. It looks straight forward though.

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, didn't get it done last weekend, as the gaskets arrived friday and I didn't home til after 5pm and I got the card they were at the post office, so I couldn't collect them. Going to start when I got home from work today but work van decided get a flat battery and I got home over an hour late. Now I might need the car to get the van going. All fun and games. It looks straight forward though.
Ah bit rough :( Hopefully the install will go smoothly, which it should, if you pace yourself.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Steve, thanks for the welfare check. Was just running a day late but got it done. Very straight forward as I had the how to from this site on the laptop as well as the gregorys handy. Most of the time was spent cleaning the plenum and surrounds. And finding O rings for the coolant pipes in the tensioner. Also as I recently picked the car up I did the water pump, thermostat, new injectors, plugs and leads (It helps getting trade working in the automotive industry).

But if anyone is a bit hesitant about doing the LIM gaskets just follow the how to.

MACE

Reaction score
"Steve, thanks for the welfare check. Was just running a day late but got it done. Very straight forward as I had the how to from this site on the laptop as well as the gregorys handy. Most of the time was spent cleaning the plenum and surrounds. And finding O rings for the coolant pipes in the tensioner. Also as I recently picked the car up I did the water pump, thermostat, new injectors, plugs and leads (It helps getting trade working in the automotive industry).
No worries at all, hope everything went according to plan. Yes, it does certainly pay off when undertaking jobs like yours.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damo

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
Hi MACE.

I installed a set of your lower inlet manifold gaskets to my vx v6 about a year ago. All good, no dramas. Thanks!

I may have a problem with valve springs causing a flat spot at 1500-2000rpm. My questions is, are these lower inlet manifold gaskets reusable?

Thanks.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Hi MACE.

I installed a set of your lower inlet manifold gaskets to my vx v6 about a year ago. All good, no dramas. Thanks!

I may have a problem with valve springs causing a flat spot at 1500-2000rpm. My questions is, are these lower inlet manifold gaskets reusable?

Thanks.

Yes they should be, but the rubber end seals wont be and they may get damaged when removing the manifold due to the silicon used to seal in the first place. But the steel gaskets are resusable.

Samshaks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Executive
Usually most of the rides have this type of issue. After properly sealing that make sure you don't put any coolant in that. Try to keep it running in water and after you've seen results then you could have use any coolant if you'd like to.

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
The alloy inlet manifold gaskets are re-usable as long as they haven't corroded away. You may need to use a generous amount of gasket maker around the corners of the rubber strips to prevent any leaks.

Kind Regards,
Damian