Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

install a monster tacho

tug33r

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s2
i just got a monster tacho but no wiring gram anyone know how to install it in to a series 2 vn manual???

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
have a look in the VN section or the electrical section mate.
or try a search. ive read the answer to this somewhere in here before....

tug33r

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s2
tacho

thanks im new to the site so thanks

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
good stuff welcome to the site.

found this in case you didnt already find it:
VN Calais 5.0 said:
As said previously there is a brown wire taped to the loom on the left hand strut tower, connect this wire to the green wire on the tacho, the red wire goes to 12 volt ignition power, use a test light to find power with ignition switched on, the black wire goes to a good body earth and the white wire goes to 12 volt dash light source for the light in the tacho.

tug33r

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s2
thanks

thanks thats a good help

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
would that be the same for an auto

Blown88u

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VR 5lt Ute
I can help you on that 1. Your tacho has at leas 4 wires or 6 if you have a shift light
you will also have a switch to set mode for 4, 6 or 8 cyl engines or it may have 3 looped wires again representing 4, 6 or 8 cyl, which have to be cut accordingly.... The red goes to a positive on the Ignition circuit (so it works only when the reds are on or when the engine is running) the black wire goes to earth generally under a screw that goes into metal. The white wire goes to your Instrument illumination circuit so when you turn your lights on the tacho is illuminated and the green wire goes to a wire that is located in the engine bay on the passenger side usually around the strut tower if you follow the wiring harness from the firewall to the passenger headlight you should find it poking with a small rectangle plug on it I cant remember but i think it is brown. Its pretty easy to do, I wired mine in to my fuse box below the steering wheel all the fuses are clearly marked as to what they protect and and weather they are on the Battery, Accessory or Ignition circuits... good luck and be careful where you mount it, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can have it any higher than your steering wheel