Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing a CD Unit.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
Ive got a VS S Pack and it came with the stock tape deck, so i bought a pionner cd deck.

Im gunna get my dad to put it in, does anybody know an approx time it takes for somebody to install a unit? I understand more professional people can get it done in no time, but my dads installed a cd deck into the Old VS we had.

Thanx

jimiemick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR's
Id say allow hr or 2 depending on how you work

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
This site has all the colours of the wires listed...and if you know you're deck colours as well...then it shouldnt be too hard. I just did it myself one day for the first time and it took me about...2 - 3 hours...most of that is just labour, coz the connecting is the easy bit. Just go slow and test before you put everything back into place...loll. Good luck!

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I did one a few months ago after having a break from installs for a while. If nothing goes wrong or you don't have to re-do anything i'd bank on 2 hours. I found the most annoying part was aligning the HU up in the space to stick out enough.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
2 hours ? your a genius, try 2 days if ya have never done it before.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
it can take about 1hr if it is pre-wired. by this i mean that you can buy a plug that looks like the one on the back of the original deck with wires pre-stripped hanging off the end and wire it to that. all the wires are labeled so you solder it up when you get a chance and then strip the car down and plug it in. that way your car is not in pieces and having to work out what wire does what. they are made by aeropro sold at most car accessory places. i bought mine from autobarn. have fun.

Jimboss

Reaction score
When i installed mine it was the first thing of that nature that i had done, and it took me about 2-3 hours, and that was including running a new wire from the battery for the accessories. Just make sure you know which colour wires connects to what, then you'll be fine.