Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing a pod filter on a stock vk calais

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
hi just wondering if any one no's an easy way to install a pod filter on a stock vk calais

sandman_538

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 vk calais
why not jus chuck in a k&n panel filter into the airbox

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Well, I have never done it, but I know the company that makes those connections makes a connection for an EFI vk. But looking in the engine bay it makes you wonder how it will fit
Oh, and good luck finding the connection too, as most places never have it in stock.
Another thing that places dont have in stock, bloody normal air filters for the vk EFI. Autobarn and supercheap dont even stock them, I had to get Autobarn to order one in. Hows that? Most popular car, a commodore, they dont have the filters for... Crazy :confused:

sandman_538

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 vk calais
hey about finding the air filter.....autobarn...supercheap all those places are all ur aftermarket sorta stores....if u want actuall car/engine parts go to a parts shop.....i work at repco.....and i got a vk...we have a minium of 5 vk airfilters sittin on the shelf....places like us are actual hard parts....those otha places are jus showroom stuff.....dont bother orderin stuff in next time jus go somwhere else....cheers

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Agreed. I want paint, flashy showroom **** like pedals and knobs and wheels, you'll find me at Autobarn, tools, Supercheap, but for parts, Repco or Burson all the way.

As for the pod on the VK... don't do it man! I'm pretty sure Rarespares sells K&N's for them (panel filters).

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
i have heard that if you put a pod filter on it will screw up all the air/fuel ratio or something like that?
how much are k&n filters?
cheers, Pat

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
dam this is an old thread

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
ive put a pod onto my straight gas efi 3.3 no problems in traffic on hot days..performance differents hmmm cant really tell much maybe abit cleaner smoother top end..

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
i tried the pod but then ended up using a k&n panel filter i found it ran alot better but thats just me.