Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Central Locking

B

BagEmUp

i have a vn exec n i want to install central locking... anyone done it to there ride n know how much it will cost n is it easy to fit urself???

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Ive got a exec and got central locking installed, camewith my car but if your are looking to get itput in best to get remote central locking and if you have the moneyget it put in wit an alarm and imobiliser. gettign it with out the remote will end up shitting you i bet.

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
I put central locking in my VN myself, the wires and motors and control box cost me a grand total of $29. (pretty damn cheap) and it took me about 1/2 a day to install, considering ive never even taken a door off. This is without the remote, but i recommend you get one with the remote, about $130. you won't regret it.

Jason

J

James Collins

I picked up a alarm/immob for about $150 and also bought central locking for around $30. Installed both which was simple. However I found that later onwards the central locking would lock by itself (the fault was with the locks motors) whenver the door was slammed so if possible dont skimp on the cheaper models. I left my keys in the ignition (engine running), slammed the door the car locked itself so I had to smash the rear pass window to get in the car!

The car doors have all the fittings to install central locking since it was an option. The only thing missing from any commodore car is the actual motor.

CokeMachine

Reaction score
Im installing a central locking kit as we speek.. Now I have a little problem...
How do I get the wires through the doors into my engine bay?
all my wires are in my car and i cant figure out how to get in the engine bay so I can hook it up to my immobiliser.

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i got tint/alarm and remote locking for 450%. nice and dark tint.