Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing exhaust systems

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Thanks guys, yea I’ve gone with a professional to install.

Now, option to keep bi modal or not? Does anyone have an opinion on worth keeping to limit drone on freeway or pointless to keep?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Thanks guys, yea I’ve gone with a professional to install.

Now, option to keep bi modal or not? Does anyone have an opinion on worth keeping to limit drone on freeway or pointless to keep?
i had the full difilippo system fitted with an otr tune and the bimodals refitted, i actually didnt know even with the bimodals "open" they still close up until 3000rpm, good thing about refitting is that if i want them fully open, its one fuse pulled out, if i want them back functioning, chuck the fuse back in, id refit them and at least you can pick when you want?

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Good point, I’ll get them refitted.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
good thing about refitting is that if i want them fully open, its one fuse pulled out, if i want them back functioning, chuck the fuse back in, id refit them and at least you can pick when you want?

or get a remote controlled fuse box fitted, i think i paid about $80
mylink bimodal off = always closed/always open
mylink bimodal on = auto open/always open

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Latest version of Hptuners allows you or your tuner to program the bimodal operation. Will cost an extra credit as the control is via the Fuel System Control Module (FSCM). Have programmed my R8 to not shut the valves until later in Sport Mode.

PS Also owe a thanks to Kelly and Craig at Zupps for getting me back up and running with minimum fuss and $ when my gearbox died.