Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing fog lights.. VX Lumina

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey guys,

Just recently sold my VR and got my VX Lumina.. and was considering installing some fog lights. The dash has the fog light button however I am not sure if the car has fog light wiring or not.. any ideas as to where I can look for this wiring?

Next question is.. I hear people with VX's can just push out the 'filler' where foggies are meant to go in the front bar however mine has a HBD body kit and I have tried to push it out but it all seems to be one piece (see pic attached), perhaps there different? If this is the case do I have to buy a whole new front bar or is there a way around getting them to fit?

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 694

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
can only help with the wiring, just pop your head under the fron t bar and there should be a harness with a water proof 2 pin plug, cliped to the chassie. if you cant see them either side then you dont have the factory set up and you have a bigger job on your hands.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
those bumpers you will need to cut it out, its a single piece of moulded plastic. And yes if you dont have the wiring its a big job.
I was going to install foggies but now with the laws you can only use them in adverse weather. not for show anymore :(

liama

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
As far as i know you cant buy genuine fog lights for this bar, you need the s/ss bar for those and the car should have the wiring there for the lights... i have the exact same car and it has the wiring there :p.
If you really want them and dont feel like buying a new bar check these out:

METAL PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS - Commodore VT VU VX VY SS | eBay

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
^^^++ to MR__VX with the added info that the harness is duplicated ie is present on both outer sides of the sub/k frame at the front. Will/should be taped/clipped back there.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
my Vx spack had the wiring ripped out so we did our own wiring its not as bigger job as you think its about a half day to do it

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
should be no different to running wires for spotlights, just trying to conceal wiring (if you're a finnicky kinda person) that proves the hard part

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
not if you use black wires lol

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Had a bit of a look earlier for the wiring but couldn't find it, will have another look in the morning with a bit more lighting. The ebay fog lights.. what are they like to install? As far as fitting them to the bar?

liama

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
I've never installed them, i was just considering buying them, but it looks like they would just plug straight into the wires on the harness if you can find them :)