Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing footwell neons help

Salmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
yer i know its a bit of a ricer mod lol

qik42c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss series 1
depends on how you want them to work,i just ran my wire to the key barrel light so when my door open or if ya switch the interior light on thay came on....

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I had foot well lights in my Calais and since there a 12V sorce i simply cut the bulb and rewired in the neons. Used the double sided tape and placed them up in the foot wells.

kiwiss5L

Pete
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 SS
I just hooked mine up to the electric windows under the switches, that way when you turn the car off and get out they stay on for like 40 seconds untill the window realy drops out so looks good when you stop and jump out.

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
I just hooked mine up to the electric windows under the switches, that way when you turn the car off and get out they stay on for like 40 seconds untill the window realy drops out so looks good when you stop and jump out.

this sounds like an awesome idea! i like! what colour is the wire to cut into? cheers

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Before cutting any old wire check the current draw of the item you wish to install . wiring them into a circuit that was designed for so much current load and is fused to that load only you could in the end overload the circuit burning out fuses and wiring in the end . use a relay to control load and current draw . if unsure consult a auto elec for wiring tips

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Before cutting any old wire check the current draw of the item you wish to install . wiring them into a circuit that was designed for so much current load and is fused to that load only you could in the end overload the circuit burning out fuses and wiring in the end . use a relay to control load and current draw . if unsure consult a auto elec for wiring tips

yea completly agree, dad is an auto electrician so i got a fair idea and was gunna use the wire to switch a relay. so does someone know what colour?