Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Fuel Savers

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Hey guys, i bought these fuel saver thingies off ebay for something to do and I have to put them on my fuel line. There is 2 lines and didnt know if fuel was fed thru both or if 1 took excess fuel back to the tank. If this is the case does someone know which is the one that feeds the motor fuel. The left or the right one?. Thanks guys

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
one will be the return line. I dont know about the VS, but on my VN the line on the "passenger" side of the fuel rail is the supply line, the one on the "driver" side (the rubber one) in the return line...

Let us know if the magnet works!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Are they just the ones with magnets in them?

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
find the fuel filter at the rear of the car and that will be the supply line

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
ive seen hiclone, the other ones that go on your fuel line, the ones that fit around your injectors and none made any difference if any it was small, not worth the cost anyway, but it'd be nice if there was one that did, im sure there is and there prob not cheap.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
The1 said:
ive seen hiclone, the other ones that go on your fuel line, the ones that fit around your injectors and none made any difference if any it was small, not worth the cost anyway, but it'd be nice if there was one that did, im sure there is and there prob not cheap.

helium ballons to counteract ones lead based foot, should save a bit of fuel for nothing ^_^ save it for a track day

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd be very careful cutting into fuel lines as they run at around 35 psi which is more pressure than is in your tyres. On a VS the lines are at the rear of the motor - both in and out. With the greatest respect I'd like to suggest that you will benefit more by leaving these "gadgets" in the boot uninstalled besause if you instal them and something goes wrong it will cost you far more than what these "gadgets' claim to save. We all want to save $$$ and there are plenty of people out there who will sell us (for $$$) the way to save $$$.....I wonder why.

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
hako said:
I'd be very careful cutting into fuel lines as they run at around 35 psi which is more pressure than is in your tyres. On a VS the lines are at the rear of the motor - both in and out. With the greatest respect I'd like to suggest that you will benefit more by leaving these "gadgets" in the boot uninstalled besause if you instal them and something goes wrong it will cost you far more than what these "gadgets' claim to save. We all want to save $$$ and there are plenty of people out there who will sell us (for $$$) the way to save $$$.....I wonder why.

yeah it's like putting an add in the paper saying 'send me $5 dollars and I'll tell you how to make a $1000' then when they send $5 send a letter back saying 'put an ad in the paper saying send me $5 and I'll tell you how to make $1000'. :rofl:

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
This contraption is just a little thing thats hooks onto your fuel line, u dont need to cut it or anything like that.... im pretty sure that it wouldNT bugger it up.

Last edited: