Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Fuel Savers

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
if it just hooks onto your fuel line how the hell is that going to reduce or save money in fuel ?????

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive SII
apparantly they are sposed to use the magnets to de-ionise the fuel, so that there is more space between the molecules, hence better combustion... well thats the theory anyway. You think for a start a metal fuel line would stuff it up...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
There is quite a bit of research behind it. Some of the ebay sites do make some 'stretched' claims, but they will work. Recently i was looking at them, they arent cheap, although they should be because they are just magnets. Not sure of the polarity of them tho. Anyway i chose a random person off the list of people that have brought them off ebay and emailed him and asked if he had any improvements using it. I was lucky becuase hes actually doing some extensive research on them. In terms of fuel savings etc. i will be in contact with him soon and advise you of the results. However i do think you can expect fuel savings even if its just a few $ a week

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I still don't see no new cars fitted with magnets or fuel catalysts....could it be they don't work? Remember there's a sucker born every day. (and yes, I have been suckered, hook, line and sinker)

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
the return line is the one coming off the pressure regulator. So put it on the other one.

Darkness 77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215i
Knw a guy that put some of these magnet thingos on his diesel mazda bravo and got 70 extra kays out of a tank. They clain an increse in power too. Chuck your car on the dyno, then install thingos and run it up again. Then youl know for sure on a benifit. Good luck