Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing gas on VT V6??

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
Hi i used to have a VS on gas and was all fine and now i have my VE on gas and was thinking of getting my VT on gas as it uses so much petrol that i don't like driving it :S

What is the normal price these days to get gas installed in a car in Melbourne ?

Thanks Darcy.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Maybe figure out why it's using so much fuel in the first place. My missus got 11L/100km in her VT doing a lot of city/suburban k's. Now she gets 9L/100ks since we moved house and she does more highway k's. If you're using excessive amounts of petrol because it's not running right, the chances are you'll use heaps of Gas too and cut into your savings.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
This would have something to do with it but it used to have the original engine in it and it wasn't using as much as it is now and then we had to swap the engine over it now has a VX engine in it and uses to much

what are some way i could try and work the problem out ?

M

mwb235

Hi i used to have a VS on gas and was all fine and now i have my VE on gas and was thinking of getting my VT on gas as it uses so much petrol that i don't like driving it :S

What is the normal price these days to get gas installed in a car in Melbourne ?

Thanks Darcy.

If you fit gas to your VT only do it if (1) it's vapour or liquid injection (forget old skool mixer setup), and (2) you plan on having the car for a few years at least. Just my opinion though. Last time i looked a vapour injection costs around $4300-$4500 and liquid injection around $5500, possibly cheaper in Melbourne not sure. I fitted vapour to my VT L67 and am very happy with it.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I wouldn't be spending $4500 on a gas system for an old car worth less than that. The payback time would be huge. Based on 25,000 per year, $1.50 per liter, and 10L/100km you're spending $3750 per year. Even halving your fuel bill (optimistic) will take you about 2.5 years to pay off. That's a huge risk for a 12 year old car.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I spent about $100 on parts today
Rocker cover gasket
set of spark plugs
2 o2 sensors
and a fuel filter

i will start on it in a couple of day's as i also bought new spark plugs and manifold gaskets for my VE which is over due

i do a bit of driving i bought my VE last October and have done just over 40'000km since but i'm sick of wearing everything out on the VE
4 new tyre's a couple of weeks ago $600
Another front bumper as i got driven into $120 the front Q panel is also bent in and bonnet is stoned chipped like a f**ker another $700 to get all 3 painted repainted
all the pot holes are not doing it any good at all

if all this was happening on the VT i wouldn't care to much but as it cost me like $10 in fuel just to get to work and back every day which is only 50km in it it's not worth driving

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a bit done today

replaced the spark plugs and manifold gaskets in the VE pain in the ass job having the gas system on the manifold

then started on the VT replaced the 2* O2 sensor's and 6 spark plugs and found a wire at the back of the manifold was not grounded like it should of been that goes into the O2 sensor wire on the left hand side

i can already tell it's using less fuel i used to tap the acel pedal and it would go up to about 28 L/H where is now it will only go up to about 9 L/H this is at idle i will take it for a drive to work soon and do a real test