Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing HSV Senator subs and speakers in my Omega

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Hi guys, I've got an opportunity to buy all the speakers and sub and amp from a hsv senator. I intend on installing in my omega.

What I want to know is, will I notice a massive improvement (I'm guessing yes!)

Any other comments on me doing this? And would the door speakers be better or the same?

Installation - I'm not a complete nub, pretty handy, could I do this myself? Or is the job meant for a car audio person?

Any comments about me doing this, on or off topic, would be great.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
To be honest I would not bother with the factory stuff most of the hsv stuff is the same as Calais and ssv unless it's the Bose premium system the omega wont have the wiring harness for the amp the door speakers are only 30w max I have a ssv and have replaced everything with aftermarket if your only looking for a bit of bass save your coin and just get a aftermarket sub and amp and use line output converters will sound 10x better than the factory gear
Hope this helps

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
If you change the speakers (and when/if i can be bothered doing it) try using Dynomat' Speaker Kit, for sale on EBay. I'm with the other poster about getting decent speakers and after market Amp. I have an SSV which has a 230watt Blauplunke stereo and the speakers let it down (probably the same ones as in your Omega). What wattage are they, if they are anything like in my old VX im guessing 15 watt?...i would find out what size they all are and try a bulk deal from an eBay seller for new quality ones. Also Walkinshaw do a speaker upgrade, says a lot about the quality of the stock speakers if people are making money replacing them (9 speakers in a VE).

Last edited:

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Don't bother with the HSV stuff. Your far better putting in an aftermarket amp and speakers

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Thanks heaps guys. I'll pass then. I was getting it all for $250 but sounds like its not worth doing. Thanks for the tip about eBay upgrade kit. I'll check it out.

Advice much appreciated - thanks! :d

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
Thanks heaps guys. I'll pass then. I was getting it all for $250 but sounds like its not worth doing. Thanks for the tip about eBay upgrade kit. I'll check it out.

Advice much appreciated - thanks! :d

Good decision, if you were getting it all for free and doing all the work yourself only costing you time, then it would be worth the effort.
aftermarket is the go if you really want to upgrade, more bang for buck.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
And second hand too.....imagine pulling everything apart and finding a speakers not working $300 will get you 4 good quality speakers maybe more if you get them from the uS or England, we get ripped for everything in this country.

Here's 2x6inch 250watt Pioneers speakers for $49 delivered, they would be better than stock from any model.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1bd2117c&_uhb=1

I would just do the speakers first and see how it goes, Amps can be done later and are not expensive either.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
And second hand too.....imagine pulling everything apart and finding a speakers not working $300 will get you 4 good quality speakers maybe more if you get them from the uS or England, we get ripped for everything in this country.

Here's 2x6inch 250watt Pioneers speakers for $49 delivered, they would be better than stock from any model.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1bd2117c&_uhb=1

I would just do the speakers first and see how it goes, Amps can be done later and are not expensive either.

Thanks heaps Wazza and everyone. That's a good approach. I'll start with speakers and get subs later if I think I need them. Speaker upgrade might be all I need. :)

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Sorry for the nub question :p would I need 2 sets of 2 speakers? There's speakers in all 4 doors yeah?