Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing HSV Senator subs and speakers in my Omega

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
That's where I would start,just the 4 door speakers,I'm not sure if your is the same as the SSV with 9 speakers. I'm also not sure of the size but I would just take the door linings off and check before you buy new ones. You are right about a speaker in each door and there is one in the centre of the dash also, two tweeters in each end of the dash and two subwoofers in the back parcel shelf. There is a good write up on here how to change all them which includes how to take off door liners etc. like I said, the 4 door ones are a good start and if you got the cash do the rest later.

Sorry, I've mentioned the speakers in the SSV with the premium system, just check in your car if its the same. If you want to add an amp later buy speakers that will be suitable now, I would even go into a audio shop and ask then buy the speakers on eBay. The bloke who wrote the link below seems to know his stuff.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/upgrading-ve-stock-speakers-how.159709

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm no expert on sound, but it mostly comes down to how often you have people in the back, your personal tastes, and where you want your main sound stage to be. I don't have a Commodore, but I do have a full system in my car. I upgraded my front speakers, which run off an amp, and installed a sub. However since I never have anyone in the back, I left the stock speakers as they are, running off the head unit. The front speakers and the sub overpower them, and I barely even notice that they're there, given that I never have anyone in the back, I'll likely never touch them, though this may not be the case for you.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
That's where I would start,just the 4 door speakers,I'm not sure if your is the same as the SSV with 9 speakers. I'm also not sure of the size but I would just take the door linings off and check before you buy new ones. You are right about a speaker in each door and there is one in the centre of the dash also, two tweeters in each end of the dash and two subwoofers in the back parcel shelf. There is a good write up on here how to change all them which includes how to take off door liners etc. like I said, the 4 door ones are a good start and if you got the cash do the rest later.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/upgrading-ve-stock-speakers-how.159709

Will do, Wazza. I'll check them out before buying. Those pioneers are looking good. I'll post back what I find and what I end up doing :)

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
I've been looking and would be looking at a 2 ohm and 2 way speaker like the guy did in the instal thread.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Hey Wazza I bought those speakers you linked to in ebay, for the rear doors. Can you recommend some for the front? That write up suggests 6" splits. Should I do this or would it be sufficient to just replace with 6" 2ways (just like the ones I bought for the back doors). Cheers :)

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Just an update (now that I'm on my PC and copy and paste links) of what speakers I purchased.

These for the front ---> NEW Pioneer TS A1604C 6 5' 350W Component Splits Speaker | eBay
PIONEER TS-A1604C 6.5' 350W Component Splits Speaker --- $97.80 delivered

These for the back ---> Pioneer TSG1644R 6" Inch 2 WAY 250 Watt Speakers CAR Audio Stereo NEW | eBay
PIONEER TSG1644R 6" INCH 2 WAY 250 WATT SPEAKERS --- $49 delivered

Once I've received and installed them, I'll post again to report on the difference in the sound.

Thanks to everyone who helped me decide to not buy the Senator ones and to go with eBay after market speakers :)

Last edited: