Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing HSV Senator subs and speakers in my Omega

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Yeah, splits are fine if you have factory tweeter, they are located each corner of your dash otherwise you might have to cut holes in your trim or kick panel with them in which case I would get 2 ways. If you got the cash use this stuff

Dynamat Xtreme Speaker KIT 2 Sound Dampening Sheets | eBay

Dynamat extreme, use it like on the advertisement photo just, a square about 3 inches bigger (around) than the speaker and mount the speaker over it. I haven't used it but I'm guessing it will work similar to what happens if you play music on your iPhone and place it speaker facing against a wall....just try it, get your iPhone playing music, go into the kitchen and place it on a counter with the speaker up against the wall to reflect the sound back at you and it sounds 100% better. Any phone if you don't have the iPhone I guess.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
For dynamat extreme this blokes selling for $45 delivered for one sheet 18 inches X 36 inches, it should be enough to do front and back assuming you use 10" X 10" for the back you could just overlap it for the front speaker and you may have some left for the tweeters. There are other brands all available on eBay or maybe at Jaycar or somewhere similar.

Dynamat Xtreme PER Sheet 10455 Sound Deadener 457mm X 810mm Audio Heat Proof SUB | eBay

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Yep I have factory tweeter holes in my dash :)

Even my dash mat has holes there too.

Really, mine doesn't, perhaps I may have to look for another dash mat. Just follow that guys guide however I can't see why you can't use existing wires to your tweeters as long as they run from your door speakers. Let us know how it goes and sounds as I may do mine if I keep the car.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Really, mine doesn't, perhaps I may have to look for another dash mat. Just follow that guys guide however I can't see why you can't use existing wires to your tweeters as long as they run from your door speakers. Let us know how it goes and sounds as I may do mine if I keep the car.

My dash mat is SAAS brand. Holes are there with mesh where the hole is.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Re dynamat, I'll look it up and consider it. I didn't really want to spend more than I already have though. I'd set out to do a budget audio upgrade. If the difference is HUGE though, it might be worth considering.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
One sheet is not going to cover front and back to make much difference. Buy a bulk pack which is around $200, has about 9 sheets in it. Cover the door skin with it and cover all the holes with it as well. Don't need any for the tweeters...

Dynamat Xtreme 9 Sheet Bulk Pack Sound Deadener Extreme 10455 SUB Deadening | eBay

They recommend just a 10"X10" square under the speaker, sure if its in the budget I agree do the whole door but even using it as recommended will make a big difference for just $45, kind of like my iPhone experiment I mentioned earlier, it directs the sound in one direction (not the boy band) instead of everywhere. As for the tweeter, if he's got a couple of square inches left over it won't hurt or he could use it to cover any holes in his front door frames too.if he does 10x10 behind each of the 4 speakers he should have 176 square inches left over if my math is correct.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Thanks Waz. I might do the budget version and spend the 45 bucks. Sounds like it'll still help!

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
You may even be able to pick it up cheaper at Jaycar or somewhere like that, I'm in country WA so have no options than to pay for delivery, i recon it will make a big difference.