Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Oil Pressure and Volt Guages.....Anyone know how ?????

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Need help installing these type of guages......from the firewall to the engine bay is where I need help...

Cheers,
Kilmo

Aaronjme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
wheres your problem?
you run the wires through an avaliable grommet to the engine.

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Cheers for the insight.....I know what I'm doing from the guages to the firewall....I was looking for info on connecting the guages from the firewall (or through the rubber grommet as you put it) into the engine bay......maybe I need to be more specific...............

Volt Guage - Do I connect straight to the battery ????

Oil Pressure - Where do I connect or is there a Oil Pressure sender unit that needs to be connected upto the guage ????

Cheers,
Kilmo

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Cheers for the insight.....I know what I'm doing from the guages to the firewall....I was looking for info on connecting the guages from the firewall (or through the rubber grommet as you put it) into the engine bay......maybe I need to be more specific...............

Volt Guage - Do I connect straight to the battery ????

Oil Pressure - Where do I connect or is there a Oil Pressure sender unit that needs to be connected upto the guage ????

Cheers,
Kilmo

volt gauge can take it reading from any non-resisted accessarys/ignition wire, take it from the cig-lighter is my suggestion,

the oil pressure guage, assuming its not mechanical, should come with a sender. you need a T-peice fitting where the factory oil pressure sensor is.

remember both guages need illumination, you can take that from any instrument on the dash that lights up with the parking lights, eg. stereo/cig plug?

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
....I was looking for info on connecting the guages from the firewall (or through the rubber grommet as you put it) into the engine bay......maybe I need to be more specific...............

To get thru the fire wall, mine had a whole 20-25mm spare grommet.

If you look on left hand side, up behind the glove box. And then look underneath the horn in the engine bay, you should see it.
Its just a black round gromment.

You might need to take the glove box out to help.

HUMBLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
just wired up mine the other day..connected the volt meter of the headlight switch and the illumination of the same switch..still need to connect the oil pressure sender tho having problems