Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing power pack stuff, Elc mirrors, windows, antenna etc

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
I was just wondering if it was possible to install optional equipment into a commodore with out any of it. I was particulary interested in electric windows, mirrors, antenna, reading lamps, trip computer, climate control, remote central locking(already got central locking and has to wires when touched together lock and unlock the doors). Aint like its really important but if i can get some of the part cheap at the wreckers it would be worth a go. Im a really sucker for all the add ons.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
windows, mirrors, antenna should be pretty easy. Trip computer is fairly easy too i think. CLimate control will be a HUGE hassle, as heaps of stuff needs to be changed. Im not sure about C/L, but it shouldnt be too ahrd, and it may be worth while just getting an alarm that you cna hook it to.
Reading laps will take a bit of messing around with the headlining i believe, but wiring should be easy

Namheul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Trip computer will require a few wires to be hooked up.

Climate control requires HEAPS or work with changing parts and wiring it all up.

Mirrors, Windows and the Antenna are easy though :)