Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Senator seats into a Calais

galerod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S/C Calais
I am trying to install a set of VY Senator seats into my VY Calais. The cables to the driver's seat have a multi-pin plug and socket going to a control box which allows the seat to have saved positions. I have heard there are 3 types of electric seat available Level 1 - for Executive, Level 2 - for HSV and SV series, and Level 3 - for Calais (multi position saved controls).
I took out the 3 Pin cable from the Senator seat and re-connected the loom and control panel from the Calais seat. The only difference is a connection to the back of the seat, not the Airbag connection (the Senator has 1 pair of wires and the Calais has 4 - I connected the green & yellow wires. NO SRS Airbag alarm!!!! :yahoo:
All the connections fitted OK into the Senator seat, but the seat will now not move fully in any direction. The passengers seat works fine and I have no problems with it, it's just the drivers seat that won't work. :bang: It tries to move a little, but doesn't move more than a few millimeters. Can anyone help? :help: