Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing supercharger

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
As MR_VX said, it is an easy job. I've also done it myself and it comes with instructions.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
it was a while ago since i done mine but i only thing i remember moving arond was the coil packs. nothing hard tho.the instructions a a set by set guide. it took me a few hours i spose only because i was fitting the intercooler as well. I thought it was worth my money i spent.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
ive heard from a few sources that have tried and tested the raptor charged kits on ecotecs that the HP/KW dosent match up with the 'feel' of the same sort of power ie. l67's YT kits

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
ive heard from a few sources that have tried and tested the raptor charged kits on ecotecs that the HP/KW dosent match up with the 'feel' of the same sort of power ie. l67's YT kits

Well there's obviously reasons for that probably because kw/horsepower isnt real and dont mean ****

VSteve

Reaction score

That's because you have to rev the crap out of the raptor to get it to make a decent amount of boost where as the eaton makes pretty much constant boost. So on a dyno they both might make similar peak power but on the street the positive displacement supercharger will be making more power than the raptor lower in the rev range. However the raptor should be cheaper on fuel while still offering performance.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Eaton valley mount is a completely different setup to a centrifugal side mount. Of course it's going to make pressure differently o_O