Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Vz binnacle - help? wire not there

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vy and vz genuine binnacle gauges are totally different ( pod size and gauges) u have the vz one pictured, most vz v6 still have vy style dash so they use vy pod too, only the vy ones can be hooked up useing the plug under the console "smokers pack plug" the vz genuine gauges have different way of being hooked up...

MOJO'S THUNDER

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz my06 thunder ute
vz binnicals

Hi guys I have just finished doing this to my vz ss thunder , and this is how I did it .
I had a set of vz genuine gauges without the loom.
go to the wreckers and get the loom that goes to the standard aircon as its the same plug just different wire configurations (you will need to repin the plug )and then splice the loom into the cluster loom .
also I had attached a wiring diagram that I used .I didn't want to hack into the loom so I got some cluster plug's and made a extension loom with the binnical loom incorporated.
also I had a ss with the pocket in the top and after chasing around without luck for one to suit the pod and holden wanting $575 for the trim I went nuts with a dremmel and some hot melt glue (fits great)

hope this helps some of you any questions just pm me GTO%20vz_binnacle_wiring-1%20Instrament%20bezel.jpg

Last edited: