Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing vz extractors

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
hey, has anyone installed vz extractors before? was it hard?

or would it be better if i just took it into a mechanic? rang an exhaust place but they reckon $340 just to install?
i live in Mt Isa so there's basically only 1 exhaust shop around, so going to try calling mechanics tomorrow.

was searching around but couldn't find a write up or anything, direct me if im wrong.

cheers guys!

No eye deer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The Mt Isa prices are always higher than other places. Couldnt you find a good back yarder? There should be heaps around?
Mark

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Drive to the Ville, get a cam/otr/exhaust from TMS.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
thanks guys, when the extractors show up i'll see how big of a job its going to be. do the extractors bolt straight up to the cats? pretty sure they do but if not that'll be my biggest issue.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Link is for V8, OP has a V6.

The very front bolt on the RHS is a pain to get to, you need one of those extension bars with a wobbly end, it's sort of tapered so when the socket is on it, the socket can wobble.

You will need to undo the brackets that hold the heater pipe on the RHS head as well and pull it away a bit. Some fitting instructions say to remove it, but you can do it without taking it right out, just pull it away from the head.

You will also need a welder to weld the flanges on the cat pipes so they bolt up the to extractors. Depending on whether you get sort or long tube, you may have to get after market cats as well. Long tune you will need them as the extractors move the cats under the car, short tube keep the cats in their original position. You can move the oroginals under the car, but they are fairly big and you risk smashing them on speed humps and kerbs.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
fairly sure these are short tube, so i would have to weld? not a straight bolt on?

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I did pace long tubes on my old vz was easy as just be aware you could be up for new plugs